Professionals for Patient Safety
Empowering Patients and Health Care Professionals, One Community at a Time
Why wait for the next conference that may cost thousands of dollars when you can meet local and really get things done?! Start a PPS in Your Community.
AT PPS MEETINGS, WE ARE LOOKING FOR SOLUTIONS
About Professionals for Patient Safety
Professionals for Patient Safety are members of the health care workforce (current or retired), patient advocates, people who care for others as caregivers and all community members who have experience with the health care system who want to help empower patients and their families to navigate the healthcare system for safe, quality care.
Are you tired of waiting for conferences that happen only a few times a year, cost thousands of dollars in admission and travel and cover topics that may not be helpful in the “real” world of patient safety? Then, you have to figure out how to educate others or implement what you have learned to make it work while working in the healthcare system or volunteering in the community.
We make it easy. Professionals for Patient Safety on Long Island meet monthly to talk about patient safety in any area of healthcare and we include healthcare professionals, caregivers, patients and their family members. Anyone is invited to discuss the topic or patient safety in an informal gathering meant for meaningful conversation.
Have dinner and discuss what is important to you. Dinner is about $25 off the menu
We ask that certain best practices are followed. During meeting time:
- Stay on topic and follow the agenda when there is one
- One person speaks at a time during open discussion
- Listen to understand, not to contradict
- Respect the views of others
- Check your understanding by asking questions, other prying questions are discouraged. People will share what they want to share
- Constructive, honest debate is desirable
- Silence is agreement
- Attack problems, not people
- Comments should be short and to the point. Continue too long and anyone can speak up and ask to move on
- What is said here stays here until otherwise notified - Share information, not names
- Phone calls and texting should be taken outside the room
- Share what has worked for you, not what others “should” do. We are looking for solutions, not advice (unless someone asks for advice)
- There is no legal, medical or financial advice given
- The use of identifying names is discouraged
Add your own and share during introductions:_____________
Presently, Long Island meetings are the second Monday of each month at the Imperial Diner, 63 West Merrick Rd. Freeport, Long Island 6:00 PM - 8:00 PM Dinner is $25
There is no meeting July, 2019
Meetings for 2019
If you have a topic you would like addressed - please contact 516-579-4711 at least 1 month before the meeting if possible.
RSVP's are strongly encouraged firstname.lastname@example.org