Do you want to help or support a friend or family member who is in need of medical treatment? Are you in need of medical treatment and not sure where or how to get support? A patient advocate shouldn’t be an additional cost burden. We can help develop a team by using the people who know the patient best!
YOU ARE HERE TO FIND
Pulse CPSEA is an organization that focuses on patient advocacy as it relates to patient safety and promoting positive patient outcomes. We do the following:
- Support and assist the friends and family who act as advocates and support the patient.
- Offer tools and resources for the patient, family caregivers and professional advocates.
- Prove short-term and long-term programs to teach patient safety advocacy skills.
Nowhere else are people taught to be patients. At Pulse CPSEA our programs have been developed with input from healthcare professionals as well as patients’ and family members’ experiences.
- Monthly programs with speakers
- Discussion groups
- Useful resources to help patients navigate the healthcare system.
If you are a survivor of a medical injury which has affected you, or a loved one directly, we are here to support you. We understand how difficult it can be to need continued medical care.
- We provide continuing assistance to you and your family as you navigate the healthcare system.
- We help assess risks.
- We assist with alleviating the stresses of the journey.
The Pulse Center for Patient Safety Education & Advocacy was founded in the late 90's as a support group for people harmed by their medical care and incorporated soon after as Pulse of NY. The name was changed in 2016 to reflect our community based educational programs in patient safety and advocacy. Our goal has always been to empower patients and their families to be active members of their healthcare teams and support them through this journey. Research shows that involved and informed patients get better results. Medical errors are the third leading cause of death in the country and cost the economy as much as $20 billion a year.
SOME OF THE CURRENT PROGRAMS AT THE PULSE CENTER FOR PATIENT SAFETY Education & Advocacy
From Patients and Families
Pulse Center for Patient Safety Education & Advocacy is not affiliated with any other organizations.
To find out if you have representation from Pulse CPSEA in your area or to become a representative call us today!